Thursday, February 11, 2010

Live on Amazon!

At long last, a mere eight months since I received the offer from HarperCollins/Avon, Lord Lightning has shown up on Amazon. It's real folks!

We also have a cover. It's brilliant. But I'm not allowed to show it to you until May. This provides a completely new definition for "torture." Given my druthers I'd have already put it up on a billboard. That's how happy I am about it.

After several changes, the official publication date is September 28, 2010, which makes it an October releas.

All this is a huge thrill for me, but I will restrain myself from burbling on about it because I know all too well that I'm the only person who finds it wildly exciting. The rest of the world has far more interesting things to think about than the fate of a new novel written by an obscure novelist.

So all I'll say for now is this: Come back in March if you want to see the cover.

9 comments:

Shayne Parkinson said...

Wonderful, Jenny! I just went to Amazon and checked, just in case the cover illustration had slipped on there somehow :-)

This must be *so* exciting for you.

Pamela Cayne said...

I'm so thrilled and excited for you! (And the waiting until March is torture for us, too, if it's any consolation!)

Too bad Avon isn't bumping it up so it's available at RWA, but that just means I'll have to bring it the year after to be signed.

Jenny Brown said...

Pam, I wouldn't want it released much earlier as it will take a huge amount of effort to get the word out so that we can ensure it sells well.

I'm going to be relying on you to help spread that word at this year's RWA conference. I don't think I'm going to get to this one, but I should be at next years' conference, ideally with TWO books out.

Other Lisa said...

Awesome news! And some of us have a little bit of appreciation for how you feel...can't wait to see the cover!!

Christina Phillips said...

Jenny, that's great news LL is already up on Amazon! I can't wait to see your cover. And this is all a huge thrill, enjoy every moment because it is very exciting!!

LaFleur2009 said...

Congratulations! I loved Lord Lightening once I read a few chapters on Authonomy. You were kind enough to send a pdf of your work to me, which I enjoyed. I always wondered what happened with the book. Imagine my surprise when I saw your name on an agent site! I wondered, could this be the same Jenny? And of course you are.

I knew that you would succeed. Congratulations and continue success!!!! I'm going on Amazon to be one of the first to purchase a copy of your wonderful book!

Claudia

Jenny Brown said...

LaFleur, I remember you! You said such nice things about LL when it was posted.

The version that is getting published is even better than what you read as it went through a couple rounds more of rewriting.

How's your writing going?

Sandrine Thomas said...

That's a pretty quick turn around--8 months from sale to publication?

But congrats on your sale, on your book being listed at amazon, and on your (soon to be unveiled) cover!

Jenny Brown said...

Sandrine, Thanks for the kind words!