Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Cover of Star Crossed Seduction


I'm loving this cover because the characters look so much like the way they appeared in my mind's eye when I was writing their story. Temperance, the seductive pickpocket who is the heroine of Star Crossed Seduction,looks so much like what I imagined it's spooky.

Trev, my hero, is a bit harder and more mature than this cover model, as you'd expect of a man who has been on active service in a war zone in Northern India since his early teens. He's also more magnetic, dominant, and commanding. But in real life, people like Trev don't spend their time posing for artists, so I'm happy that my wonderful cover artist was able to find a model whose appearance comes so close. If you like this cover, you won't be disappointed with what's on the pages inside it.

BTW, the cover artist is the incomparable James Griffin. You can see more of his work on his blog, Paint Layers. He also did the cover for Lord Lightning. I feel so fortunate to have someone of his caliber bringing my characters to life.

In case you're wondering what The "Kiss and Teal" medallion is all about, my publisher, HarperCollins/Avon, is using the launch of its September Historical Romances to promotes Ovarian Cancer Awareness.

The logic behind this is compelling. These romances reach a million women a month--the audience that benefits most from learning about the symptoms that should send a woman to her gynecologist for further screening. HarperCollins will also be donating a goodly sum to the charity that runs the Teal Ribbon campaign for Ovarian Cancer Awareness. Because I know some people who have survived this deadly cancer I'm happy to be participating in an effort to break through the fear and silence that usually surround it.

1 comment:

Rane Aria said...

I really love the cover! I always love to read that the models come close to what they look like in the book and not someone random that make a pretty cover!